12.13.2010

another year

 i had a wonderful birthday with jason and friends. brunch at a green house cafe called styers. delicious local food. brioche served in a terra cotta pots. omlets and the yummiest butternut squash soup.
took a tour around terrain. the most beautiful garden/ home store i've ever been to. traveled into the city for some french macaroons ( a birthday wish) and a few more shops. had dinner with a most lovely crew of friends at our favorite trattoria. and cake... that cake was hand made by my man. the first birthday cake he's every made me! let me tell you about it.  he drew a curtain around the kitchen and forbid me to be downstairs. late into the night he wakes me up on my birthday with cake in hand and a most accomplished smile on his face. it was a priceless moment. hummingbird cake... similar to carrot, but instead it has banana, pineapple and toasted nuts. cream cheese frosting enrobe it. so yummy.

2 comments:

Adam said...

ooooh. nice work j!

Angie said...

Looks like so much fun! Yay for another birthday! I'm so glad you were born!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin