4.22.2015

Beach Cakes all Winter Long!




I think I did more beach themed cakes this winter than ever before. Not that I minded. It was a long and cold one and making waves, sand, beach balls and sea shells was a little reprieve to the snow blowing outside.

The first cake was an ode to childhood at the beach. Pails of sand, sandcastles, hovering seagulls, sunscreen and flip-flops. Truly one of my favorites. The second cake pictured was for the adult beach lover. Aqua ombre waves of buttercream on the side and hand painted seashells and sand on top! A very serene cake.
The third cake is for a girl who loves the beach, loves dolphins and lighthouses. It took me to a scene from a North Caroline beach. One I hope to visit someday.

So we'll see what the summer holds. Will I do any beach cakes? Or are they most needed/ requested in the winter in memeory of a warmer, sunnier and sandier time.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin