7.02.2014

Monster Inc. Cake + Cupcake

This was probably one of my favorite requests this year! Don't get me wrong, I love pretty much everything people throw my way as a cake decorator. I love a challenge, especially something I've never attempted before, but for some reason this cake just got me very excited to do what I do. This Monster's cake was a lot of firsts. I've never done a pixar character before, or baked a round cake (used to make Mike) so that was some good learning experiences. I've been working with a new fondant, one that tastes sooooooooo much better than the other I had used in the past. It tastes like marshmallows. While I love the new taste, it's a bit softer than I'm use to working with, so that brought about a whole new set of challenges. I've picked up a few tricks of the trade and things seem to be working out great! So here are a few more shots of Mike sitting on Sulley from Monsters!

  I also did a smash cupcake with a little Sulley.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin